Phase:Beginning, Building, Sustaining
n4a is excited to announce our **partnership with *First Advantage, a world-leading provider of comprehensive background screening services, to provide background screening services for your employment and volunteer positions. (pricing table and FAQs at the bottom)
With the beginning of the Aging Network’s Volunteer Collaborative in 2010, a network-wide civic engagement assessment, including local and state programming, was conducted to determine what organizations are facing as major challenges to being willing and able to engage more volunteers in their missions. One of the top challenges was the hurdle of risk management, and specifically the time and cost involved in background checks and screening.
In partnership with NASUAD, the Volunteer Collaborative has vetted numerous risk management vendors and now entered into an agreement with LexisNexis (now First Advantage), a national provider of comprehensive background screening services, to leverage premier-level services through web-based tools at a discounted rate – in some cases almost 80 percent off typical rates.
The benefits to this new opportunity are three-fold:
- Reduce Costs. There is no cost to sign up and no monthly fee—you only pay for the searches you perform. And the searches you perform will be at a reduced cost to normal screening rates.
- Choose from seven pre-packaged options, a la carte searches and you can even create your own customized screening packages.
- Reduce Your Agency’s/Title VI Program’s Administrative Burden. By participating, you will be able to reduce your agency’s administrative burden on the time and energy involved in this screening process and focus that time on more mission-driven goals and necessities.
- Choice: This is Optional Service. While we have established a national partnership with First Advantage, your agency’s/Title VI Program’s participation is not required. Some organizations will legally be unable to participate due to government requirements or state-wide policies that have their own guidelines (i.e. COG, local SHIP programs that must defer to state policies, etc.). First Advantage and the Aging Network’s Volunteer Collaborative are happy to offer and coordinate informational webinars or connect you with the answers you might need.
- LexisNexis general FAQ
- Aging Network-specific FAQ (resulting from informational webinars)
- First Advantage Pricing List for N4A
- First Advantage Customer Contact Information - November 2014
- National Criminal File Source (State) Coverage - Q3 2014 (August)
- Fair Credit Report Act forms - June 2014
- First Advantage Product (Screening) Descriptions
- Friday, September 21: View webinar
- Monday, September 24: View webinar
- Wednesday, October 3: View webinar
First Advantage Informational Webinar Recordings (2014):
*LexisNexis is now known as FirstAdvantage (updated 2013).
**Welcome messages from LexisNexis were emailed in Fall of 2012 to every agency in the Aging Network – Area Agencies on Aging, State Units on Aging and Title VI locations. If you have not received this welcome message or aren’t sure if you are set up and want to find out more, please contact primary staff at FirstAdvantage Marvin Hudgins at Marvin.Hudgins@fadv.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with N4A National Partnership included in subject line.**