The PowerUP! Training Institute orients and trains organizations to form self-directed teams of volunteers, using a research-based framework. In turn, these volunteers can carry out projects that extend the organizations’ capacity to serve older adults.
Why the PowerUP! Training Institute?
PowerUP! is not just another volunteer training initiative. It is sustainable training that transforms how the Aging Network engages older adult volunteers. PowerUP! training:
- Aligns the mission critical needs of organizations/programs with the expectations of today’s volunteers
- Reduces startup investment, then produces an increased rate of return on volunteer engagement – as high as 8:1
- Is based on latest research and demonstrations in the field
See benefits of the PowerUP! Training Institute and Self-Directed Volunteer Teams™
What Will Participants Learn?
PowerUP! Training Institute participants include one or more members of an organization’s executive leadership and key staff (virtual training) and two to three lead volunteers (in-person training). After the training, they will be ready to:
- Assess organizational readiness to utilize Self-Directed Volunteer Teams™ and gain tools to expand organizational capacity
- Uncover new strategies to utilize volunteers within their organization and community
- Understand the nuances of teams at work, position the teams for success within organizations, guide teams to achieve shared goals, sustain team members over time, understand the ins and outs of teams in practice, and develop teams to become self-directed
- Tap into PowerUP! technical assistance to help teams develop, take root, and flourish
- Review the metrics to assess the impact that teams are achieving, with the means to replicate
- Generate fresh interest in their organization while engaging different types of volunteers and utilizing current volunteer skills in capacity-building roles
Participants will leave the training with a vision for their teams, tools to keep going, and the support to help get there.
Find Out More
Or download our informational webinars:
Contact Patricia Reid, email@example.com.