- Aligns the mission critical needs of organizations/programs with the expectations of today’s volunteers
- Reduces startup investment, then produces an increased rate of return on volunteer engagement – as high as 8:1
- Is based on latest research and demonstrations in the field
- Assess organizational readiness to utilize Self-Directed Volunteer Teams™ and gain tools to expand organizational capacity
- Uncover new strategies to utilize volunteers within their organization and community
- Understand the nuances of teams at work, position the teams for success within organizations, guide teams to achieve shared goals, sustain team members over time, understand the ins and outs of teams in practice, and develop teams to become self-directed
- Tap into PowerUP! technical assistance to help teams develop, take root, and flourish
- Review the metrics to assess the impact that teams are achieving, with the means to replicate
- Generate fresh interest in their organization while engaging different types of volunteers and utilizing current volunteer skills in capacity-building roles
- Join our next session in Santa Ana, CA, April 3-4
- See Training Institute Details-and enroll
- Take the PowerUP! Training Institute Online Tutorial
- See PowerUP! Training Institute FAQs
- PowerUP! Informational Webinar – #1 Recording
- PowerUP! Informational Webinar - # 2 Recording
- PowerUP! Informational Webinar – #3 Recording
- PowerUP! Informational Webinar PowerPoint Slides
The PowerUP! Training Institute orients and trains organizations to form self-directed teams of volunteers, using a research-based framework. In turn, these volunteers can carry out projects that extend the organizations’ capacity to serve older adults.
Why the PowerUP! Training Institute?
PowerUP! is not just another volunteer training initiative. It is sustainable training that transforms how the Aging Network engages older adult volunteers. PowerUP! training:
See benefits of the PowerUP! Training Institute and Self-Directed Volunteer Teams™
What Will Participants Learn?
PowerUP! Training Institute participants include one or more members of an organization’s executive leadership and key staff (virtual training) and two to three lead volunteers (in-person training). After the training, they will be ready to:
Participants will leave the training with a vision for their teams, tools to keep going, and the support to help get there.
Find Out More and Enroll
The Volunteer Collaborative will schedule 10 trainings between January 1 and September 1, 2014, in geographic locations across the country to orient staff and train volunteers in the PowerUP! strategy of engaging skilled volunteers and leading Self-Directed Volunteer Teams™.
Or download our informational webinars:
Contact Maria Gonzales Jackson, firstname.lastname@example.org.